Changed my status from B2 to F1 but the visa already expired on my passport.

Asked over 1 year ago - Nashua, NH

I changed my B2 to F1 and the visa has expired on my passport. I tried getting state Id but the DMV denied me. Is this because I have an expired visa, but I have letter of change of status to F1.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I-94 governs. That letter has a new I-94 attached to it.

2. Justin G. Randolph

4

1

Answered . Did the DMV say that was why and did you show them your approved change of status?

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . No. It would be because they have not been able to confirm that you are in F-1 status.

4. Anu Gupta

Pro

2

Answered . Try once the F1 is approved. We have clients who face this issue in California. You can also have your attorney talk to the DMV (while you are there). Sometimes, they are reasonable.

5. Jorge Luis Delgado

2

Answered . Don't guess why they denied it. Go back to the DMV office and ask them to explain the reason for the denial. Ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary,

6. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . No. You should have a new I-94.