CHANGED MAN! FATHER OF 7 CHARGED WITH; POSS OF FIREARM BY CONV FEL & ESCAPE. STATE OFFERING 60YRS! PPL GET LESS 4 MURDER.HELP ME

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

THE STATES TRYING TO LABLE ME A HABITUAL. BEEN TO PRISON TWICE 2006-2010 AND 2010-2012. THIS CASE CAME ABOUT SEPT 2012. THEY SAY THE GUN WAS FOUND DISPLAYED ON PASSENGER CAR SEAT WIT ME SLEEP AT THE INTERSECTION LIGHT IN THE DRIVER SEAT. THE GUN WAS NOT REGISTERED STOLEN OR USED IN ANY CRIME. I NEVER GAVE ANY STATEMENTS TO OFFICIALS. I WAS DRUNK AND KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT I WAS DRUGGED. I CONTINUED TO HAVE EPISODES WERE I HAD NO PERSONAL CONTROL OR UNDERSTANDING TO WHAT I WAS DOING AT PERIODS AND PERIODS OF TIMES WHICH LEAD ME TO FREAK OUT AND PANIC CAUSING MY ESCAPE. MY FOCUS IS THIS FIREARM BY CONV FELON CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

1. Michael Adam Haber

Pro

10

Best Answer

Answered . Your focus aught to be on NOT incriminating yourself and NOT providing fodder for the State Attorney (who apparently intends to lock you up... again) by publically posting information about yourself or your case.

My advise is for you to get OFF-LINE and into an experienced Broward County criminal defense lawyers office. If you cannot afford to retain private counsel then delete this post, zip your mouth, tie your fingers and wait until you are appointed counsel with whom you can CONFIDENTIALLY discuss your case.

For better or for worse, having just been released from prison you are expected (by society if not by yourself or your family) NOT to be in a position where you are passed out drunk anywhere, much less in a car on the road with a firearm.

Not withstanding the best of intentions, no one can help someone who refuses to help themselves.

2. Michael L Morgan

9

Answered . As you recognize this is a serious situation. I would strongly suggest that you do not post any information on any social website since it might be later used against you. That said, your history indicates that you are repeat offender. This is what the habitual offender statute was designed to addressed. I can understand why the state is seeking the maximum sentences. You need to contact an attorney as soon as possible. This website has a number attorneys who practice in the Fort Lauderdale area.

3. Justin Gary Hausler

7

Answered . Call Michael Haber, he is near you and very effective.

4. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

6

Answered . Get to a criminal defense attorney asap, your freedom depends upon it.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  5. James Regan

Pro

4

Answered . This matter should discuss this with the nearest experienced local criminal litigation attorney you can find. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Go to Trial: Crash the Justice System: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunda...
    Not contemplated by the Framers! The Devil’s Bargain: "95 percent are resolved by plea bargains." http://shar.es/xdVIY #cjreform

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.
  6. Huda Ajlani

4

Answered . You need to hire an attorney who is experienced in criminal defense and you should not post anything on the internet regarding your case.