Change of status L2 - H4

North Chicago, IL |

My sponsor has filed H1B for me and H4 for my wife together. Currently i am on L1B and my wife is on L2+EAD . i havent received any status whether my application is selected through lottery or not.

My wife received Change of Status notification from USCIS stating that Change of status request submitted. Also stated that L2 to H4.

My queries are

1 .Does it mean my application is selected through lottery or does this notice comes for all applicants( means dependents).
2. I hope that my wife can still work on EAD.. Please confirm ?

BK...........

1. Means the application has been selected through the lottery.

2. Yes, until such time as the H-4 application is approved.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. If you wanted your wife to have EAD why did you seek H1B? She can work until her status is change at which point she can work no more. All it means is that I539 is processed faster than I129. It does not mean anything else.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. 1. The only way to determine whether your H-1B was picked or not is for your employer to receive either a receipt or a rejection notice with the entire H-1b filing.
    2. She can only work while on L-2 status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. Hi hope that you are well. Her receipts mean that USCIS has received her application of change of status. It does not mean that your H has been chosen in the lottery, unfortunately. In order to determine that you will either receive a receipt from USCIS or they will return your package. However, on an H-4 status your wife will not be able to get her EAD. She could continue to work on her old EAD card under her L-2 status until her change of status is approved, when approved. Best of luck to you!