Change of status from H4 to F1 and then F1 to H1B ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sylmar, CA

Currently I am on H4 visa and planning to change to F1 visa on January 11th, 2013. But at the same time, I am looking for a job. If I am able to find an employer who is ready to apply for my H1B visa on April 1st 2013, then can my F1 visa application be disadvantageous to my H1-B application in any way ?

Specifically, I have two questions:

1 - If my F1 change of status is approved before Apr 1st, will it be disadvantageous to apply for another change of status to H1-B right away?

2 - If my F1 change of status is not approved by Apr 1st, how will a second/simultaneous change of status application (H1-B) work?

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . I do not recommend filing change of status applications in such short durations. Why change to F-1 in Jan when you intend to file for change to H-1B in April. It shows no intent to go to school. COS to H-1B will likely be denied in this case if the IO takes a closer look at your file.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . can my F1 visa application be disadvantageous to my H1-B application in any way ? No

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.