Change of status from B2 to F1

Asked over 1 year ago - Livermore, CA

Hi,

I am currently on B2 visa valid till March-15-2013, I have applied for change of status for F1 on Jan-21-2013 and am waitng for the decision from USCIS, my college starts from Apr-06-2013, So can I stay in USA legally till the decision from USCIS regardig F1 is decided?

Since there is a time gap between the B2 expire date and the school start date, Will this be an issues? My college start date is May-06-2013 and not Apr-06-2013.It was typo in the above question.

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

1

Answered . If you do not get a response close to when the school starts, consult with an experienced immigration attorney regarding your options.

2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

Answered . Yes you can remain in the U.s. until you have a decision but you may not start school until yuo are approved.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

4. Irene Vaisman

Answered . you can stay while you are awaiting the decision, however, if they deny the request, you must leave right away

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.