Change of status from B1 to F1.

Asked over 2 years ago - Irving, TX

Hi,
I was on B1 and planning to COS F1.My i-94 expires on june 5th.
I am planning for may term and i want to know how much time it will take for COS .
i came to US on dec 6th and now in march ending i am planning to COS F1.

Can you please tell me how much time , how much it costs for change of status from B1 to F1.

Thanks

DSO is saying that i cant attend classes on B1 and while COS is in process.So once status changes then only i can attend the classes. What supporting documents required for COS apart from I-539 form.

Thanks

1. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

Answered . 3-4 months.
    ___________________
    Luis A. Guerra, Esq.
    Law Office of Luis A. Guerra, PA
    Atrium Centre
    4801 South University Dr., Suite 252
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
    (954)434-5800
    www.guerralegal.com

2. Katie D.T. Sanders

Answered . The change of status processing time is approximately 3 months. Generally you can attend school while the change of status application is pending. You should speak with the DSO (Designated School Officer). The DSO will generally process the change of status applications. The application fee to USCIS is $290. If you wish an attorney to assist you, you need to have a consultation with an attorney to get a fee quote.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Both the filing fees and the estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.