Change of status (h1b to h4) while spouce's h1b is expiring within half an year?

Asked over 2 years ago - Union City, CA

Hi there, currently I need to change my visa from h1b to h4. But my husband's h1b is expiring after 6 months. Will I get h4 application denied? Many thanks.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . I agree with my collegues.

Please see

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

2

Answered . You may because there is little time left on his visa and your visa is dependant on his. The two of you should consult with an immigration attorney who can make adjustments for both of you in a sequential manner that works for both of you.

3. Christian Schmidt

2

Answered . It should not be denied for the reason you state but you can only obtain H-4 status for the remainder of your husband's H-1B current term.

4. David H Nachman

1

Answered . I agree with my collegues.

Please see us at http://www.visaserve.com.