Change of place, green-card

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I want to change my place of residency, i am waiting to receive my green-card also, if I change my place, can I forward my mails? or green-card mail is a certified mail?
If it is certified mail and needs I fill form of change of residence, how long it delays that I get my green-card?

1. Ian Edmund Scott

2

Answered . I agree..waiting is the best option.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

1

Answered . If you have been approved already, i would wait until receiving the card before changing addresses.

3. Jose Antonio Moreno

3

Answered . It's taking about 4 months for an I-130 to be approved, and you can check local adjudication times for when interviews are being scheduled. A lost green card can be difficult to retrieve, so if you are close to an answer and can wait, it might be prudent to do so.

4. Meredith Riley Brown

2

Answered . I would not change my address quite yet. Even with the change of address, there is a lag time with USCIS, and there is no guarantee that the mail will be forwarded to your correct address.