Skip to main content

Change of adress

East Alton, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

Hello and thank u for the help in advance, I'm a us permanent resident and i moved, do I need to change my adress with the USCIS and social security services??

Attorney Answers 4


You need to change your address with USCIS. You may use form AR-11, which you can find on the USCIS website. You may also call USCIS and register your change of address by telephone.

Regarding Social Security, you should call and ask.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Yes, file form AR-11.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

16 lawyers agree


You don't need to notify the SSA of any address change, but within 10 days of moving need to fie an address change form (Ar-11) with USCIS. It is best to do so on the USCIS website and print the receipt for your records. It is faster and more effective than calling the USCIS 800 number and being placed on hold fr a long time.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


1) Yes. 2) No.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics