Change J-1 Visa into an F-1 within the US.

Livingston, TN |

I'm 18, I'm in the USA since January 12, 2013 as an exchange student with a travel agency. My program ends in late May.
  I will graduate from high school here in May, and wanted to go to college here.
  No problem and achieve any kind of document both the college as the family that I live here.
  My J-1 visa expires June 15, 2013.
  Is there any way I can try to change to F-1 visa without leaving the USA??

Thank you!

1. Yes you can apply here if you are not subject to he 2-year foreign residency requirement, ontain the I-20 from the school, pay the SEVIS fee, etc.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.