Change employer without worrying about any issues while H1B transfer

Asked over 1 year ago - Redmond, WA

I am in 6th year of stay in US. I have spent 5 years in the beginning on L1B visa. Recently I have been moved to H1B visa approved for 3 yrs. I have I140 approved. That's the reason I got the 3 yrs extension. Now I have got a good offer. Can I change the employer without worrying about visa issues since my GC process will be halted for a while while I change employer?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ioulia B Roussinova

    Contributor Level 4

    Answered . It is highly recommended your employer contacts a business immigration attorney who will advise them properly.

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No one can guarantee you will not have issues. Issues are possible even in the cleanest of cases.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,467 answers this week

2,789 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,467 answers this week

2,789 attorneys answering