Chances to be free of sex offender registry after a clean 10 yr deferred adjudication sentence for indecency/W Child Contact.

San Antonio, TX |

Requirements successfully completed include 3 years of approved sex offender therapy; positive results in all polygraph examinations to date; completion of all financial obligations; attendance to all approved monthly counseling sessions with assigned probation officers; perfect record of monthly sex offender registration and monthly drivers license renewals and a verifiable record of positive cooperation in attempts to eliminate sexual abuse of all potential victims.

Individual will have successfully completed five years of the 10 year probation on 13 April 2014.

1. Depends on the underlying charges and conduct. I doubt future dangerousness has anything to do with you paying all your financial obligations and doing what you were told on probation. See your lawyer--the one that represented you in the underlying case. See if there is any legal relief from registration.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. Extremely, extremely low. Sex offender registration issues are not simply confined to the acts or behavior of the individual. They are political hot button issues that go well beyond the "official" statutory requirements and are purely subject to the individual judge's desire to deal with the fallout from his or her decision. An experienced local criminal defense attorney is only one member of the whole team of advocates that you will need to help you with this matter. Now even with this somber news, do NOT let this dose of reality stop you from trying. The task is monumental, but not impossible.

Good luck,
    Martin Zimmerman

Martin Zimmerman, P.C. 189 E. San Antonio St. P.O. Box 310704 New Braunfels, Texas 78131-0704 Tel: (830) 606-7886 Fax: (830) 627-2890 The information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail is: 1) Subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege; 2) Attorney Work Product; or 3) Confidential It is intended only for the individual or entity designated above. Any distribution, copying, use of, or reliance upon the information contained in and transmitted with this facsimile by or to anyone other than the recipient designated above by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Martin Zimmerman, P.C. by telephone