Chances of beating DUI in Orange County

Anaheim, CA |

I wasn't driving when they pulled up behind me I was on the side of the road. My girlfriend was feeling sick so i pulled over. My car wasn't on and they just automatically assumed that i was driving. Did not take the field breathalyzer either. They took the test at the station (hour later) it came back .08. I think officer knew he didn't really have a case because he parked my car in a parking lot and didn't get it towed away but his partner kept pressing him to arrest me.

1. Based on these facts, you have a very strong case. Remember, you're fighting two cases at once. First the DMV proceeding, and second, the criminal case. With .08 breath results, you have a very good chance of winning the DMV if the calibration records show any anomaly in your favor. As far as the criminal case goes, a large part of the evidence against you will depend on the statements that you and your passenger me at the time. Get a good lawyer, because you have a lot to work with. Check out the California DUI worries Association for a DUI expert in your area.

2. You should immediately go to NCDD.com. Click on Find An Attorney. Click on California on the Map. Next find an attorneys that are near you.

The National College of DUI Defense (NCDD) is one of the best legal organizations in the country, and the lawyers in it are fantastic. You will pay more to hire one of these attorneys, but it will be worth every penny.

3. Attorneys Dunn and Brengle have given you excellent information. You need an attorney and you need to initiate the DMV hearing. Shawn 714-287-1643.

4. You seem to have a very defensible case here. You will need counsel to funny it but its a good fighr.

5. Based on these facts you will have a good case. It will most likely have to go to trial but there are several available defenses to your case. I practice in Orange County and feel free to call my office for a free consultation.
    Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

6. You will want to hire the best attorney you can and fight both the DMV and Court case. This is not going to be easy but your criminal record is on the line.

Of course, every DUI case is different and you should consult an experienced DUI defense attorney in your area with questions regarding your specific case. It is always in your best interest to have a good DUI attorney represent you when you have been arrested for a DUI.

7. You want to get a good dui/dwi/drunk driving lawyer, as soon as possible.

Under the facts you've recited, you have a good case, but is not one you can win by yourself. The test at the station will be enough to prove you over the legal limit unless challenged. They do not have to catch you driving. They do have to prove it, though.

If you don't act quickly, though, you will lose your license even if you win your case. A lawyer can help with that as well.

You already have answers from multiple excellent California lawyers. I am writing primarily to give you a disinterested opinion that you do need a lawyer for this. You can't hire me, but you can hire someone that practices regularly in your court. You need to do so.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.
    Thank you.

--- Experienced DUI/DWI/OWI/Drunk Driving Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin
    http://addbalance.com/drunk_driving_lawyer.htm

--- Facebook Page Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin Drunk Driving / OWI / DWI / DUI Lawyer
    http://www.facebook.com/MadisonWiDrunkDrivingLawyer

--- Field sobriety "tests" – Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin DUI / DWI / OWI / Drunk Driving lawyer
    http://addbalance.com/fieldsobrietytests.htm

--- Drugged Driving/DUI/DWI/Drunk Driving with Prescription Drugs – Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin
    http://addbalance.com/duidrugs.htm

--- Which Offenses Count as Priors in Wisconsin? - Madison Dane County Wisconsin DUI OWI Drunk Driving Lawyer answers
    http://addbalance.com/duimath.htm

--- Ten Days to Save Your License - Administrative Suspension and Refusals in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin
    http://addbalance.com/duitendaywarning.htm

DISCLAIMER:

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

I am an experienced Wisconsin drunk driving (DUI/OWI/DWI) defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

If something I say disagrees with what your own lawyer is telling you, you should rely on your lawyer who is familiar with you, your entire case, the local courts and practices.

To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

See “more” link below for more important information about this answer and AVVO

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

8. As stated by others, your fact sound very favorable. However, in my humble opinion, it is way too early to say you have a "good" case. Although it appears that coming out of the gates you have a good start, there needs to be additional investigation to properly fight the case. Prosecutors don't just roll over because you have good facts.

9. You want to make sure that you contact DMV within 10 days and request the DMV hearing. The DMV hearing is completely separate from the court proceedings. If you fail to request the DMV hearing-DMV will automatically suspend your CDL.