Chances of aggravated assault being reduced in Houston, Tx?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

charged with aggravated assault impede breath circulation chances of it getting dismissed. Can wife drop charges? Will it make a difference?

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

6

Best Answer

Answered . Wife cannot drop charges. You need a good lawyer because you are facing serious charges and Harris County has a special division to handle cases in which complainants become uncooperative.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

2. Richard Timothy Jones

3

1

Answered . Your wife cannot dismiss charges. Most prosecutors will consider the victim's desires. However, in my experience handling domestic violence cases, I doubt the charges would be dismissed. You need a good lawyer.

www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

3. Jay Bodzin

4

Answered . Your wife cannot "drop charges." Criminal charging decisions in every American state are made by the police and District Attorney. Private citizens who are victims of crime can call the police and cooperate with the DA's efforts to prosecute the case, but that's it. There is no such thing as "pressing charges" aside from that.

I am not licensed to practice in Texas, but I can tell you that no one can tell you with any certainty what is likely to happen in a case based on so little information as is here. You need to consult with your own attorney, in private. You have the right to be appointed an attorney to represent you if you can't afford one.

Please read the following notice: