Chances I can get a waiver and be enlisted in military with recent arrest for petty larceny (charges were dissmised) ?

Henderson, NV |

Charges were dismissed via diversion program, fines, and probation. I realize I would have to wait for probation to end in order to continue with military route. Up until this point I was a week away from going to MEPS but I had to tell my recruiter I would not be able to make it. I scored a 79 on my asvabs. Ive never had any offenses in the past and I have been set on the millitary route for well over a year. I was just in the process of making sure I had no debt (I had medical bills that went to collections) before enlisting becuase my recruiter told me to take care of that. What are my options, chances? Any adivce, tips, experiences, etc, let me know what you think please.

I think a morals waiver is likely. However, the military is more competitive than ever and waivers are discretionary.

I feel confident that if your lawyer filed a motion before the court with a letter from the recrutier stating that you are eleigible and ready to enlist you that the court would terminate your probation early especially since you would be directly entering the military.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

If you were charged with a felony at any point (it seems like a lot of stuff for a petit larceny case), there is a good chance that you will not be eligible without some very specific steps being taken.