Chamber of Commerce and its relationship to city government in Washington State.

Asked over 1 year ago - Moses Lake, WA

I have been trying to find out whether, in Washington State, the local Chambers of Commerce are part of city government or if they are autonomous from city government. Does the city or the state provide funds for the Chambers of Commerce to do the community services they provide? Or do the Chambers of Commerce rely on member dues to provide services? Can anyone answer these questions? I really need to know because I am having a problem with a Chamber and I need to know if they are related to city government. Is the city responsible for any harm done by a Chamber? Or is the Chamber responsible for its members and board?

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Not a government entity. http://www.uschamber.com/about/faqs