Chamber of Commerce and its relationship to city government in Washington State.

Moses Lake, WA |

I have been trying to find out whether, in Washington State, the local Chambers of Commerce are part of city government or if they are autonomous from city government. Does the city or the state provide funds for the Chambers of Commerce to do the community services they provide? Or do the Chambers of Commerce rely on member dues to provide services? Can anyone answer these questions? I really need to know because I am having a problem with a Chamber and I need to know if they are related to city government. Is the city responsible for any harm done by a Chamber? Or is the Chamber responsible for its members and board?

Not a government entity.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes