Challenging a writ of execution on a corporation

Asked about 2 years ago - Greenville, NC

I own a corporation. Local tax office took out a writ of execution for payment of $5400 in back taxes, property taxes on a rental property. They had the wrong address on file so have not gotten a bill for several years. If there was a court case or judgement, I was not notified of it, or it was mailed to the wrong address. I offered to pay $400/month toward the debt but they will not make payment arrangements for less than $800/month or they said they will foreclose. Is there a way to challenge whatever judgement was issued?

1. Michael G. Gorenflo

Answered . You are obligated to pay ad valorem taxes regardless of receipt of the bill. Non-payment subjects the property to foreclosure. Failure of service might give you the opportunity to redeem the property if sold at foreclosure, and could require the tax office to have to redo its filings, but the tax office has no obligation to agree to installment payments of any kind. I would hire an attorney to raise your issues and try and negotiate, but the bottom line will still be, pay the taxes or risk losing the property.
    Good Luck...
    Mike