Certified court disposition for immigration

Chicago, IL |

Hi my husband is in the process of obtaining his green card. His parent brough him to the US. when he was 7 yrs old. Now we need to get a certified court disposition for all his driving arrests. He doesn't remember how many they were, and where he went to court. All of them were in the state of illinois. We really dont know where to start. Would you recommend us to get an attorny for this? or any advice where should we start

He should be able to get a certified disposition from the criminal court (usually at the clerk's office). They generally charge a small fee for each disposition ($5 - $10).

He should also consult an immigration lawyer that has experience with immigration and criminal law, because the arrests could potentially prevent him from obtaining his green card.

there is a way to check for all arrests through an FBI search. Hiring an attorney may be a good idea not only for this but also for the adjustment of status as well.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

We have an immigration lawyer, and she is asking us to get does documents. I ask her where should we start, but it seems she didn't have any clue. We are paying so much money for her to represent my hustand. I think we found how, since my husband was arrested in different county within the state of illinois.

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

its never too late to switch attorneys. it is well within your rights.

Hire an attorney and/or private investigator.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

There is a way of getting the Illinois State Police to do a background check and give a detailed report of his criminal record. Every State has its own procedure, Illinois charges $16, different states charge different amounts. Some States require fingerprinting but Illinois does not. It is a great idea to at the very least consult with an immigration attorney that handles complex immigration matters and immigration matters that involve criminal history.

Best,

Khaja M. Din, Esq.

Free Consultation For Your Immigration & Deportation Issues

www.dinmemmen.com

Khaja Din is an immigration attorney specializing in deportation defense and the immigration consequences of criminal conduct. He has offices in Chicago, IL and Madison, WI.

Din | Memmen, Inc.

Chicago Office
4518 North Kedzie Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625
P.312.878.2357
F.312.794.1813

Just go to the Secretary of State, and you can also request them at the Daley Center 10th Floor I believe.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.