Skip to main content

Certified Copy of Final Judgment/Name Change

Orlando, FL |

I live in Florida and got divorced in March 2010, i have copies of my final judgment, but do not know where to go to get certified copies of judgment, can anyone help? I hear i should go to Orange County Comptroller, how do i know if its official, do i need to take my copies of judgment with me to record? Im soooo lost! Thanks

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Your best bet would be to contact the Orange County Clerk of the Court. They will be able to provide you with certified copies of any court documents that you need.

  2. The Clerk of Court will be able to provide you with Certified copies.

    DISCLAIMER: This answer given is for general information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship exists or is intended. If you have additional questions concerning this matter you may feel free to contact me at the Law Offices of Jacob J. Linhart, P.A., (561) 632-6982 or

  3. You need to go back to the same court that issued the final decree and obtain a certified copy from the clerk of court.

    This response is intended to be a general statement of law that should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. In Florida the clerk of court is also the comptroller. That's why it sounds like you are getting different advice. Just take your case number with you and they will be able to provide you with certified copies (after you pay the fee of course). You can also check the clerk's website to get the cost & write to clerk's office to get copies if you don't live nearby anymore.