Certificate of Coverage - Health Insurance

Mount Laurel, NJ |

Need a certificate of coverage from health insurance carrier. Insurance carrier states insurance must be terminated prior to them issuing it. Is that accurate? Can one have more than one health insurance policy? Will be out of country for few months - current carrier does not cover one when they are out of country.

1. My experience is that you can get a certificate of creditable coverage while you are still insured. My experience is also that you can be insured under two health policies at the same time. You really should be posing these questions to a good insurance agent. He or she might suggest you consider travel medical insurance, if you are not already doing so.

This information is subject to the disclaimer below and is not intended as legal advise.

This is general information based upon limited facts, should not be construed as legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. The author is licensed in Indiana and Ohio attorney only.