Cease and desist letter for neighbor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Elkhorn, WI

My neighbors starting harassing me over 2 years ago first in petty little ways but this winter they seriously legally encroached on my property and were ticketed by the police. It was so frightening that I immediately had a professional survey executed, put up a temporary snow fence. and got a conceal and carry permit. The permanent chain link security fence was just installed and they are still putting stakes up trying to make the fence look like the lot line when my yard extends 5-6" behind the fence, throwing garbage in my yard every few hours and they have a big sign pointed at my yard that says LIAR I don't even know why. Can I have a lawyer send some sort of cease and desist letter to these people? I especially don't want them trying to make some case the fence is the lot line.

1. Nick Passe

1

1

Answered . For $100-150 or so or maybe even less you shoudl be able to get a local attorney to help you on this. You will have the added benefit of having that attorney knowledgable and ready to help you if you need more help in the future.

ALWAYS mark answers you appreciate with positive feedback and select a best answer!

more

Attorney Nicholas J. Passe

Disclaimer: Per the avvo.com community guidelines, no attorney/client relationship is created by the asking or answering of questions on this web site, nor do the answers constitute legal advice. Always hire an attorney before making any important legal decisions. Posting details of a case on avvo.com may be subject to discovery in criminal or civil litigation, so erring on the side of nondisclosure is wise.

Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd. less

2. Tajara Dommershausen

Pro

1

1

Answered . Continue to document and call the police...keep making reports to officially document the events.