CCP 1165 requires landlord to wait at least 18 days before considering tenant's property abandoned?

El Monte, CA |

Doesn't CCP 1165 required that the landlord wait at least 18 days before considering tenant's property abandoned or before disposing of tenant's property, since CCP 1165 states tenant has 18 days to notify landlord of this intent to claim their personal property, and has a reasonable time (3 days or so) after notifying landlord to come and collect their personal property? Seems all the other related code sections relate to tenant's abandoned property and disposing of tenant's property.

OOPS..I MEANT CIVIL CODE 1965...NOT CCP 1165...I REPOSTED THE QUESTION WITH THE CORRECT CODE CITED, SO IF SOMEONE CAN HAVE THIS QUESTION DELETED I'D APPRECIATE IT..NO SURE HOW TO DELETE IT ON MY END..

Yes, that is my interpretation of Civil Code 1965 as well.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult with your own attorney.