Caught shoplifting at walmart and now recieved a civil restitution, Do I pay it?

Asked over 2 years ago - Shreveport, LA

I'm an adult, caught with $30 worth items. The cops were called, they gave me a pink slip and let me go from the cop car. Now I have a $325 civil restitution letter. Do I pay it or not? I am absolutely broke and no way to cough up and pay the fee! Will I serve jail time for this since this is my first offense? And my daughter (16) has committed this crime also, stole $9 earings from clarie's and now we are waiting for her court date to be sent in also, so now I have to pay her civil and mine! I'm worried and have no clue what to do.

1. Pamela Koslyn

1

Answered . For starters, make this your last and only post on a public site admitting what you and your daughter did. Cops and DAs read these posts too, and can easliily figure out who you are and use your damaging admissions against you. The only person you should ever talk to about this is your own lawyer.

Next, your CRIMINAL prosecution requries a criminal defense lawyer, and if you can't afford one, you'll be appointed a public defender.

Next, your CIVIL demand letter from Neal Tenen or Palmer Reifler pr Michael Asen can be ignored. These bottom-feeding lawyters seem to just send progressively threatening leters but they never actually sue anyone.

Finally, never shoplift, or go to a store with someone who's shoplifting, or do anything else that's likely to get you arrested for shoplifting again. It's a stupid and LARGE risk to take for a small payoff, and you're obviously not good at it.