Skip to main content

Caught drinking on absolute sobriety and received a felony bail jumping charge. Is it possible to get it reduced or expunged?

Appleton, WI |
Filed under: Felony crime

Also what is the usual jail time if it is not reduced?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Doubtful. Get an attorney and review all your defenses.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

  2. If you're in Outagamie County, chances are slim that you can get it reduced. If you're in front of McGinnis, good luck!

    Expungement is only available if you are 25 or under at the time of the crime. And it is at the discretion of the court.

    As for reducing the charge, at least you didn't break the law to get the BJ, you only broke a rule. But they are going to want some jail time. You need an attorney, especially now that you have two felony cases.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics