Cat attacked my sisters dog and the cats owner is threatening legal action do i need a lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cedar City, UT

i was walking my sisters dog this morning of the leash when she saw my neighbors cat which was tethered to a lawn chair and ran over to sniff the cat and generally say hi at which point the cat started attacking her and lily shook her head back and forth in order to get the cat off her head and then proceeded to run away from me and the cats owner because of the screaming and shouting that was happening which unfortunately happened to be the same direction the cat was headed in the same direction and now the neighbor is threatening legal action to have lily removed from the house and put down lily also happens to be my sisters therapy dog (the reason i was the one walking her) do i need a lawyer do i have any legal recourse of my own ?

1. 3

Answered . Simply have your sister report it to her homeowner's insurance company to resolve.

2. 2

Answered . Your homeowner's insurance carrier will sort it out, so report it to them.

3. 1

Answered . Homeowners insurance will handle any potential action but they need to be notified ASAP.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Answered . Actually, if the owner of the cat files a complaint with animal control and an administrative proceeding is brought attempting to remove your sister's dog from the jurisdiction (or to euthanize the dog) the homeowner's insurance will not defend the administrative proceeding. You will need to hire a private attorney to assist you with this. If a civil suit for damages is brought by the owner of the cat, the homeowner's insurance will defend the civil lawsuit.

This is not to be construed as legal advice. I do not have an attorney client relationship with you.