Skip to main content

Cash Income Tax return for citizenship eligibility ?

Flushing, NY |

I made money in cash I am a permanent resident so How much could I file it for tax return to show that I am eligible for the citizenship ?
If its too low would it effect on citizenship ?
Or if its too high would it effect also ?
Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Report all.

Good luck.


If you are a resident alien, you must follow the same tax laws as U.S. citizens. Therefore you must report and pay taxes on ALL income from all sources. Not reporting all of your income may be a crime.

This content is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney client relationship. This content is provided for educational purposes only. If you need answers to specific legal problems, please engage an attorney. This content is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding federal tax penalties.


I agree with the answers above. Failure to file and pay taxes is a crime and could affect your ability to obtain immigration status.

This answer is made for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party, any partnership, investment plan, arrangement, legal structure or other transaction addressed herein.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer