Case Management Conference

Sunnyvale, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I attended a case management conference today for my civil limited case. The judge now scheduled another case management conference. Should I again file a case management statement? And if there are going to be more case management conferences, do I file this statement every time for the conference?

1. You should file an updated case management statement before you r next conference. What kind of civil case do you have?

2. If there are any changes or updates, you should definitely file an updated Case Management Statement.

Even if there aren't any changes, if the continued CMC is several months away, it is always a good practice to prepare and file an updated Case Management Statement.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

3. I generally only file a new case management statement if circumstances have changed since filing the previous CMC Statement.

4. I agree that another CMC statement should usually only be filed if anything new happens in the case. However, that being said, my own practice is to call the court clerk and find out the Court's preference. After all, it's always best to stay on the Court's good side.