Case Management Conference? Would it be wise to appeal the magistrate decision? I had a case management conference regarding

Nashville, TN |

discovery and scheduling orders due to another defendant name in the suit in November. I and the defendant submitted our proposed CMC. The magistrate completely ignored any of my proposed order and went with the defendants allowing them to extend until next year. The defendant had requested a extension of 90 days. The magistrate also stated in the CMC that he knew the lawyers very well and that he did not know me,he completely ignored any suggestions and allow the defendant to control the case. I have never been so disrespected....the case management conference was insulting and he kinda of smiled during the whole meeting . He made it clear that I am Pro Se and he was not honoring or acknowledging anything I had to say...

1. Appealing a scheduling order is almost always a waste of time and money. You would be better served with your own lawyer.

These comments do not constitute legal advice. They are general comments on the circumstances presented, and may not be applicable to your situation. For legal advice on which you may rely consult your own lawyer.