Case expungement in different State

Asked about 1 year ago - Edison, NJ

Hello, I was arrested for Shoplifting in 2010 Texas, Case was dismissed after doing community service and donating money to food bank. Now I am NJ. Now I want my records to be expunged. Can I do it from NJ or should it have to be done only in Texas state only?? Please advise

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Kristy L. Bruce


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Need to do it in Texas.

  2. Mark M Cheser

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can liklely do it from NJ but with a Texas attorney under Texas law. In Nj you only need to sign a verified petition. Who knows in Texas. A Texas attorney.

  3. Raymond Andrew Grimes


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Texas.

    Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,891 answers this week

2,845 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,891 answers this week

2,845 attorneys answering