Case dealing with visitation child support

Asked over 1 year ago - Williamsville, NY

difficult case because of opposing lawyer and individual involved

1. Douglas Shaun Kepanis

4

Answered . Please describe the situation in detail.
    douglas@kepanislaw.com
    www.kepanislaw.com

2. Jack Richard Lebowitz

Pro

3

Answered . The individual is the other parent? :-)

Your lawyer can help with visitation. You are entitled to reasonable visitation, even if the other people involved are difficult. Bring a proceeding in family court to create and/or enforce a visitation schedule.

Your lawyer can also help with support, which is usually done in a separate proceeding before a support magistrate (I'm assuming the other parent resides in NYS as well). There, it's more cut and dried, based on a formula based on the parents' incomes and taken entirely from the non-custodial parents income, which your lawyer can explain to you.

As to the visitation and custody matters, there is usually free mediation services offered by the court where the parents try, with the help of a neutral referee, to resolve their differences directly and focus on the child's best interest. That will at least subtract the opposing lawyer from the equation and get the other parent to behave more reasonably.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Need more of the facts. Schedule a confidential appointment with an experienced family law attorney.

4. Marco Caviglia

Pro

2

Answered . Insufficient data

5. Maria C. Tebano

2

Answered . What is your question?