Carmax allowed a cosigner with a suspended license and now unable to renew registration.

Jacksonville, FL |

my cosigner has a suspended license of which i was unaware of , we financed a vehicle through Carmax in FL in 2009, they tagged the vehicle and soon after received the hard tag, year later unable to renew registration was told we would have to take the cosigner off the title , to do that would be to refinance. I'm not in a position to do so. Unable to clear the cosigners license she is in her 60s unable to drive. I have been paying for the vehicle since purchase. What are my options, is the dealership held liable due to not checking the validity of the cosigners license?

I suspect you both have some fault in this matter. I encourage you to take your purchase agreement and documentation to a local attorney for a full analysis.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets