Car totaled on 1-28-13. CHP report names driver of car who hit me to (and insured by AAA) to be at fault.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Bruno, CA

On 1-28-13 I was involved in a four car collision. I was rear ended by a young man at 60 mph. The impact caused my car to hit a BMW in front of me and then the BMW hit a Prius. CHP was called to the scene. Almost 4 wks later CHP report names driver of car insured by AAA (who hit me directly) at fault and refers matter to San Mateo County DA. Guy who hit me was driving with a suspended and/or revoked license. AAA totals my car and nothing. They have not paid my medicals or car lease. Since I was driving a 12 yr old car I carried liability only. AAA has done nothing. My out of pocket expenses to date are in the thousands and rising daily.

1. James Mitchell Hoffmann

8

Answered . If you have a complicated car accident claim with extensive damages or injuries, calling a local car accident attorney is alway the best advice. Anytime the property damage is not immediately covered, this is a bad sign.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4300 or visit us on the Web at http://www.hoffmannworkcomp.com
  2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

5

Answered . You need to move fast. There may not be enough insurance for all to go around as a result of this multiple rearender accident. You need an attorney with experience in multiple rearenders. First, get an estimate for your car and send it to AAA with a demand. Also, if your car is in a car lot, take it out of there. By now, maybe it is too late. At any rate, You will have to pay the storage fees and these costs may exceed the cost of your car. If you were hurt, hire a PI lawyer immediate. Meanwhile, get medical treatment and make a claim before the other drivers file their claims. Like I said, there may not be enough money to go around. Your attorney may have to make a claim against your own insurance if by chance you have a high UIM provision in your policy. Best of luck.
    Tienes que moverte velozmente. Existe la posibilidad de que no haya suficiente dinero para compensar a todos los reclamantes de este choque múltiple de carros. Necesitas un abogado de accidentes con experiencia en choques múltiples de automóviles. Contrata un abogado de accidentes de carros inmediatamente. Mientras tanto, ve a un doctor y recibe atención médica. Si tu carro esta en un lote o corralón de carros, sácalo inmediatamente o te cobrarán un monto alto por guardarlo. Como díje, quizás no haya mucho dinero así que dile a tu abogado que ponga tu reclamo con la aseguranza con prisa. Buena suerte.

3. Christopher Steven Hoffmann

6

Answered . This is the car accident that noone want to be in, but occurs. You need to call a local accident attorney to represent your interests. In most multi-car accidents, there is not enough insurance. If certain drivers are unlicensed, revoked, uninsured or fault to pay, the dynamic gets only worse.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at http://www.hoffmannpersonalinjury.com.
  4. George Costas Andriotis

6

Answered . Consult a local personal injury attorney to investigate the incident and protect your rights as it clearly appears the insurance company is playing games.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Pro

6

Answered . These multi-car collisions with insurance issues are complex, thus, retain one of the above distinguished lawyers in your state.

6. Albert Lee Crosner

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should immediately get a local area personal injury attorney working for you that has your best interests at heart. Most personal injury attorneys such as myself offer a free limited consultation. Take advantage of that and contact one or more attorneys and then select one that you feel comfortable with and will move your case forward.

7. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

4

Answered . I am terribly sorry about your current situation. Your first priority at this point should be to find an experienced car accident attorney to represent you in your case. I have over 20 years of experience fighting for clients and over the years, I have learned what insurance companies are looking for in claims. I work hard to get my clients the money they deserve after their accidents. I would more than willing to discuss your options moving forward to help you through this. Best of luck.
    (310) 207-4030

8. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

3

Answered . The car accident in which a person is rear-ended is called a "rear ender" by personal injury attorneys. This little nickname is a result of our desire for these kinds of cases as liability (meaning who is at fault) is almost always a slam dunk... the driver who plowed into the back of the care is almost always at fault. If the driver of the rear-ended car is physically harmed, then the case is probably not going to be about "winning" but how much will be "won."

The victim of a rear-ender needs to do the following: First - immediately get medical attention. Second - hire a personal injury attorney. We personal injury type lawyers offer free consultations and take cases on a contingent (meaning our client does not pay unless he or she "wins" money).

No one should handle any claim (involving a motor vehicle accident with bodily injury) against any insurance company without a lawyer. Claims should be handled by a lawyer - one who will be able to understand and explain the physical damages and injuries from accident. The victim of a car accident really needs to worry about one thing - getting better. That means attending doctor's appointments, attending physical therapy (if appropriate), and taking his or her medication. All of the rest can be handled by a personal injury attorney. We earn our fees (contingent by the way) by taking on the stress and hassle of fighting for money - I dare say some of us actually enjoy the fight, but I realize that most people do not enjoy conflict.

And, in conclusion, for those that read this far… Since many of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take personal injury cases on a contingent basis, there really is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

9. David Lee Fiol

3

Answered . With the number of cars involved in your accident the issues will be many and the available insurance might be limited, and there is no obligation on the part of the insurer for the responsible party or parties to allocate limited insurance fairly - i.e. on a pro rata basis in light of the severity of the injuries suffered by everyone involved. I strongly suggest that you look for and retain an attorney at your earliest convenience.

10. Britany Michelle Engelman

2

Answered . Before you speak to AAA at all, you should first speak with an attorney who is on your side. The insurance company is not on your side and its goal is to minimize and ignore your damages. Due to the number of parties involved, it appears there might be a problem with the insurance policy limits not being enough to cover everyone's damages. You should not delay in speaking with an experienced attorney.