Car tickets for tint and speeding

Asked over 5 years ago - Buffalo, MN

I got pulled over in the state of minnesota. I recieved a ticket for doing 68 in a 55 and a fix it ticket for the tint on the front two windows. The only thing is I bought the car used at a dealership with the tint on it. I don't understand why I should have to pay for something I never asked for. Is there a way I can get out of this?

1. Thomas C Gallagher

1

Answered . There are ways to avoid a speeding ticket ending up on your drivers license record, which can be quite valuable. For the window tint fix-it ticket, I'd suggest removing the tint, or getting it tested and getting written proof that it is not too dark. Perhaps the car dealership will help you with this if you ask them to do so.

2. Maury Devereau Beaulier

1

Answered . If you have a relatively clean driving record, most prosecutors will agree to a Stay of Prosecution which allows you to avoid having a conviction or any offense appearing on your driving record.

For Minnesota issues visit criminal-law.tv