Skip to main content

Car tickets for tint and speeding

Buffalo, MN |

I got pulled over in the state of minnesota. I recieved a ticket for doing 68 in a 55 and a fix it ticket for the tint on the front two windows. The only thing is I bought the car used at a dealership with the tint on it. I don't understand why I should have to pay for something I never asked for. Is there a way I can get out of this?

Attorney Answers 2


There are ways to avoid a speeding ticket ending up on your drivers license record, which can be quite valuable. For the window tint fix-it ticket, I'd suggest removing the tint, or getting it tested and getting written proof that it is not too dark. Perhaps the car dealership will help you with this if you ask them to do so.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If you have a relatively clean driving record, most prosecutors will agree to a Stay of Prosecution which allows you to avoid having a conviction or any offense appearing on your driving record.

For Minnesota issues visit

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics