Car Stolen from Valet at Indian Reservation/Casino in California

Asked over 1 year ago - Pleasanton, CA

We made a pit stop at a Casino on a Indian reservation called Cache Creek.We took my wife's 2009 Audi S-6 .Pulled up to the Valet handed them the keys and they gave me my ticket. When we got ready to leave I handed the Valet counter the ticket and they said this is an old ticket..The Valet that gave us the tag was right there so she recognized me and said she had given us the ticket.Looked everywhere couldn't find the car.My wife called the Sheriff and a few hours later the car was found wrecked and the person that stole it was caught. I would like to know if we have a case based on negligence, Since than we have been stressed my wife has a big presentation she can't concentrate, I had to cancel training for work to get time off to deal with the insurance claims and just stress

1. Adrienne Patricia Allen

1

Answered . Yes you do have a liability claim you can make for negligence against the casino for losing your vehicle. However, you may not have sufficient damages to warrant an attorney getting involved. Please also keep in mind that I believe that any claims against Indian casinos must be filed within 180 days (again I believe) so contact the casino asap to request a claim form and the time deadline. Good luck.