Car salesman lies on credit application to get you in a new vehicle. You unknowingly initial the application.

Asked over 1 year ago - Loretto, TN

Had a car salesman pressure me into buying a new truck. I told him I had came to look at a used truck but he insisted and started bring in paper work by the stacks. I thought if I signed them and he saw he could not get it finianced on my $1108.00 SSI we could talk about the other truck. All other salesmen were busy. Before i realized it I had bought a new truck that I can't pay for. Found out later he lied on the credit appliciation to get it financed and I initialed somewhere in the stack. I signed these papers not expecting a long time Car Dealership to commit Fraud to sell me a vehicle. I'm a pretty good at representing myself in court, what chance do I stand in Chancery court?

1. David Craig Lee

3

Answered . I agree with the other answer, and would add that the proof of your guilt or innocence is shown by what you did when they handed you the keys to the truck that you knew you couldn't afford. Did you drive it? How many miles did you put on it? Why are you in Chancery Court? Did you get sued? Did you return the truck so the damages caused by your inability to make payments were reduced? DId you write letters or make phone calls when you "finally figured out" what the salesman had put on the forms?

I think you're at risk of proving your own criminal guilt when you go into court without a lawyer. The jails and prisons are filled with people like you who think they're pretty smart.

2. Pamela Koslyn

2

Answered . I guess I find it hard to believe that you're on the one hand going to be good at arguing that you were naive and not willing or able to read the "stacks" of documents you voluntarily signed, yet also "pretty good at representing yourself in court."

Your basic problem is that you knowing signed documents reflecting a deal you had no intention of honoring, which is fraud on YOUR part, since you're the one that signed/initialled everything under penalty of perjury, regardless of what the salesman put on the credit application. While judges are all too familiar with the high pressure tactics of used car salesmen, you've got a very tough argument to make here.