Car forfeiture

Phoenix, AZ |

My family hired a forfeiture attorney to fight for a car and paid a retainer but when he asked for more money my family said sorry we have no more money to pay you let it go he didnt want to, so my family told him if you want to fight for the car but if you win we will sell the car and pay you from there but if we loose we both loose because i have no money to give you so he said, 6 months later calls and says were going to trial but my famiy owes him 500 dollars and if we want to continue we have to pay what can we do we told him we didnt have more money

It is important to have open and honest communication with your attorney about the legal representation and the fee. Did you sign a written fee agreement? Review the agreement carefully. Typically, a lawyer can withdraw from representation, or ask the Court to allow him or her to withdraw, if there is a conflict between the lawyer and the client. It is important to talk these things through and try to find an amicable resolution. You also have the right to consult with independent counsel about the situation.

This answer does not include any legal advice. You should personally contact an attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.