Car dealership trouble after leaving

Asked 12 months ago - Sarasota, FL

Just leased a new car and the dealer wants me to come back to sign a new contract with less favorable terms. I'm I obligated to go back?

1. David Jule Gruskin

1

Answered . I agree with attorney Bollinger. Be very careful before you agree to different terms. You should at least call a consumer lawyer before you do anything. This is a game that dealers play when they sell or lease cars.

2. Aldo Bolliger

Answered . Normally no, unless there is a problem obtaining financing and the dealer has specifically left a caveat in the contract open stating that the lease depends upon finding a financing institution willing to accept the lease. A review of all of your lease paperwork is really necessary and there are a number of additional facts necessary to provide you with a more complete response. I would contact a consumer attorney in your area for advice. Most consumer firms like mine do not charge for consultation. Please feel free to call my office or any other consumer attorney for advice. A listing of consumer attorneys can be obtained here on AVVO or through www.naca.net.