Car dealership filed a lawsuit for auto loan default. Need a lawyer who can represent me in court and help me win the case.

Asked over 1 year ago - Guttenberg, NJ

I financed a used Infiniti in Jan 2012 from a dealer in NY. Dealer conned me by adding extra ~3k for warranty and promised to fix everything wrong in the car. They never fixed anything. Bank made them buyback the car. They pulled my credit 6-8 times without my knowledge to transfer loan to other banks. One bank took it and returned it again. Even the extended warranty company sent me a letter saying there is something wrong in the deal and they cannot offer warranty anymore. I contacted dealership numerous times but they said they cant do anything. Infiniti estimated ~10k in repair. I filed complaints with new york department of finance and district attorney's office but to no avail. 2 days back, I received lawsuit papers from the dealership. I need an attorney to represent me in the court

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Galen J Criscione

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This sounds like a frustrating situation for you. There are many qualified attorneys here on avvo that may be able to help you. You should email or call one directly.

    This answer should not be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship, and is for informational purposes... more
  2. Scott Richard Kaufman

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I like Daniel Schlanger in NY for these types of consumer issues. Tell Daniel I said hello.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,643 answers this week

3,183 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,643 answers this week

3,183 attorneys answering