Car crash making left hand turn on yellow light

Asked almost 6 years ago - Minnesota

I was driving my vehicle, and just as I entered the intersection the light turned yellow. While in the intersection, a vheicle made a left hand turn into my car on the yellow light. My car was totalled.

I had proof of insurance, but it had been lapsed for 1 week. So I was'nt covered. My loss.

Then about a week later I got a ticket in the mail for running a red light, and a bill from the other drivers insurance for 7 grand.

I guess a witness stepped up and said the light was red, therefore im at fault. Even though the driver who hit me statted in the police report the light was in fact yellow at time of accident. (I got the report from the police deprtment)

I have a court date to fight the ticket and therefore make me not at fault for the accident. There was no speeding involved. The light changed to yellow while in the intersection.

My question is:

1. Does it matter that my insurance was lasped at this time?
2. How can I discredit this 'wittness'?
3. SHould'nt this be a simple judgment?

1. S Edmond ElDabe

1

1

Answered . 1. Does it matter that my insurance was lasped at this time?

Yes, you will not be covered for damage.

2. How can I discredit this 'witness'?

File a lawsuit and take the deposition of the witness.

3. SHould'nt this be a simple judgment?

Not sure what you mean here, but if you mean simple decision as to who was at fault, it is not. There are conflicting stories.