Car accident while backing out in residential parking lot, whose fault is it

Worcester, MA |

I was parked between two cars, behind me is a thru way and then another row of parked cars. I looked, no cars, back up, turned my wheels, looked to my left to make sure I cleared the car next to me. I was more the 3/4 out of the spot when I hit another car. He was traveling from the far left of the thru way instead of the usual right side so much that another car can pass between us after I pulled back into the parking space. Took pictures, Damage to my left bumper (scraped not dented) his car damage to back right passanger door scraped and slightly dented. I went to police station for advice as he did not provide me with ID or insurance saying he did not speak english. I also took down his liscense, phone # and first name. the car was registered under female name with a different addr

1. You could be partially at fault. Generally, one entering a thoroughfare has to yield the right of way to trafffiic inthe thoroughfares. the other driver had a duty to be aware of traffic in the thoroughfare and treavel intime to stop to avoid a collision.

2. I would say the fault tends to point toward you.

3. You maybe partly at fault. Contact a local car accident lawyer for a free consultation.

Click on the picture to see the profile of the lawyer answering your question. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.