Car accident lawsuit against the insurance company

Detroit, MI |

my pal passed away jan 2012 hit by other driver T-boned by friend. other driver fault crossing red light. suspect policy has 500K. does their insurance pay the whole amount they try to pay 20 percent. because they offered friend family to settle 100K. Can my friend family file lawsuit and get more than 100K.
friends age 25
average salary per year 30K
no spouse or children.
estate owner filed by his mom.

1. Insurers are inherently unfair and will never deal fairly with unrepresented people. If they offered policy limits (assuming one trusts them to disclose policy limits) that would be different. The insurers job is to pay out as little as possible.
    Litigation with an experienced attorney is the only way to even the playing field. If your friends family has been offered $100k, then a hired attorney could adjust his or her fee based on the money already offered without counsel and the attorney could collect a fee based on the contested portion.
    Avvo is a wonderful site to find an experienced 10.0 rated Michigan auto attorney and your friends should act quickly before they sign the case away to the insurer.

2. I agree with attorney Klisz.

3. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    If the other driver was determined to be at fault, your friend died and the insurance company is only offering $100,000 they are trying to "screw" your friend's family.
    Have your friend's mother call my office at 248-554-3440 or e-mail me at sreizen@thereizenlawgroup.com and I can help them go after the insurance company. I may be able to get them to settle for significantly more without the necessity of filing a lawsuit. And if not, a lawsuit should be filed immediately.
    Whatever she does make sure she does not take the first offer by the insurance company.

Best of luck.

And I would be more than happy to help.

Sincerely,

Scott Reizen

4. Simple answer is "yes" they likely can collect more. Of course the insurance company is going to try and get your friends family to take less. They should consult an experienced third party auto attorney who likely will be able to obtain much more for them and will be able to protect all their interests and rights. They should not be dealing with the insurance company on their own.

5. Horrible loss. They are under-valuing your friends life & his families' loss. Call a local attorney & seek a Free Case Evaluation as soon as possible.

6. Yes. The secret to any wrongful death case is getting a top attorney with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

7. You need an experienced auto accident attorney in your corner. First a personal Representative needs to be appointed to file suit. We can help. www.seriousautoaccident.com

You should consult an attorney in your State at once. This response does not constitute legal advise outside the State Of Michigan and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship with our offices. It is for informational use only of the general laws in the State of Michigan, only. To retain our offices, you need to sign a contingency contract with us. We do offer free consultations and we can refer clients to lawyers in your State if you call us. Visit our webpage and tell us what you think. www.schnitzerlaw.net

8. You can sue and potentially obtain a judgment in excess of policy limits.

Always consult an attorney IMMEDIATELY as there are time limitations on filing a lawsuit.