Car accident in NY state, hit by cop on a chase while I was stopped at light, right to sue police department

Staten Island, NY |

i was waiting at a red light while a cop car was on a chase he did not have a siren or light on and hit me head on collision but they said they hit me but i was on the pedestrian walk and i was not i wont be here if i would be more than hurt

More information would probably be helpful but if I am reading your question correctly, you were driving and stopped at a light when you were hit by a cop on a chase who was without lights or siren. I assume you were injured and want to sue the police officer.
You should get to a lawyer right away. You need to file a notice of claim against the city within 90 days of the accident or you cannot sue.

The issue of the crosswalk notwithstanding, if you are injured, your car being in a crosswalk will reduce but not eliminate the responsibility that the officer had to be careful.

Again, get to a lawyer as fast as you can. You do not have to hire a lawyer from Staten Island but you should get a lawyer who is admitted to practice in NYS.

The consequences of waiting too long to act will be the loss of your legal rights to seek damages to which you may have been entitled to recover.

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

You have rights but you must act to protect your rights.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Recommended articles about Personal injury