Car accident and I recived the citation due to the other party have a fabricated witness.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cordova, TN

I was in a car accident and did not have insurance. The other party ran the red light and hit me and had a witness by the time the police made it. I left and ambulance with my 2 childern and also recived the citation by him having a witness. I have been doing some research and come to find out his witness is his relative. I'm not sure on how I should handle this going foward since his insurance company states that I was the fault driver.

1. Nathan Zale Dowlen

5

Answered . Hire a lawyer to deal with the traffic court. Based on how that goes, you can decide what needs to be done with the injury case, if anything. "Red Light Swearing Matches" are tough.

2. Carmine John Giardino

6

Answered . hire a lawyer

Pro

6

Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a traffic court lawyer and fight the citation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

3

Answered . Did you see anyone in his car? Fight the ticket. Get treated, and hire a lawyer. best of luck.

5. Michael Shemtoub

3

Answered . You should hire a traffic court lawyer to deal with issue 1 and hire a local attorney to deal with issue 2 depending on how issue 1 plays out.

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

6. James Edward Blount IV

Answered . You need to hire an attorney to fight this case in civil court because, if you do not, you are going to be sued and your driver's license will be suspended for failure to have insurance. You will not be able to get your license back until you satisfy the judgment. The traffic ticket is the least of your problems-- thefact you got a ticket is not generally admissible in civil court. Your about to have to spend some money, but a good lawyer may succeed in saving you some.

7. Howard Robert Roitman

Answered . There's neither magic nor evil involved. This is the system that keeps us warm at night and allows us to sleep peacefully in our beds, knowing that there are good guys and bad guys, and that we need not think too hard about which is which because we will never really know. bring suit if you where hurt and the court can decide.