Skip to main content

Car accident

Perry, GA |

I was in a car accident in may was hit from the back and my relative was in the car also.We completed everything in sept with the doctor visits.Called our lawyer and he repiled he had everything from there haven heard from him such left voicemail havent returned anycalls.What should I do next??

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Write him a letter asking that the attorney call you and set up a meeting.

  2. Good lawyers return calls. Many bad lawyers don't. Having said that, voicemail sometimes fails - a message could be garbled, lost or overlooked. Call him back, and if you don't get a response within 24 hours, write a paper letter AND an email and request an appointment.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

  3. I suggest you may one last attempt to communicate with him. If you don't get an acceptable response Give him a short letter telling him you are terminating his services and you want your file. Take your file to another personal injury lawyer and let him/her review the file and discuss representation with them. You may want at least a verball promise to communicate with you before signing a representation agreement. Good luck!

  4. If you have a problem lawyer, you can switch lawyers at any time.

    Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

  5. As the other attorneys have stated, good lawyers return calls as soon as possible. I would try a couple more times before substituting attorneys.

  6. Your attorney is probably gathering medical reports and other documents. It may take a while because some providers are slow in getting the information out. Be patient and let the attorney handle it. In addition do not spend the money until you get it!

    Darrell B. Reynolds,
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
    Decatur, Ga. 30033

  7. It's unfortunate that your lawyer is not returning your phone calls. As others have indicated, ask for an appointment. If you are not satisfied after sitting down with your attorney, or if they refuse to meet with you, then think about changing attorneys.

    There are a number of attorneys in the Perry area to chose from.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics