Car accident, police report, not my fault, lower back and neck pain after the accident.

Asked over 2 years ago - Van Nuys, CA

I was hit from behind while I was at a complete stop on 4/5/12.
I was driving with a co-worker both of us have pain on lower back and neck.
the Insurance company has already declare a total loss for my truck ($?) and offering me $500.00 for medical bills even do my doctor said I have to wait at least two more weeks before He send me to MRI to check in my neck.
Can you advise?
I do have Insurance Liability with Mercury.
Thank you.

1. Gordon Ralph Levinson

8

Answered . Get a lawyer. Research has shown that cases settle for an average of 50% higher when asserted by attorneys. It's a no-brainer. Get a lawyer.

2. Paul Y. Lee

5

Best Answer

Answered . Consult a person injury attorney as soon as possible. You should be able to locate a competent personal injury attorney who will provide you with free consultation and take your case on a contingency fee basis. You are entitled to receive compensation not only for property damage but all past and future medical expenses, any lost earnings, and general damages including pain and suffering. You and your attorney may want to consider completing your medical and physical therapy treatment before making a demand on the insurance company. This way you will have a full dollar figure for your special damages.

3. Norman Gregory Fernandez

Pro

6

Answered . My advice is to retain an attorney for you and your friend ASAP. Do not talk to the insurance company anymore, get an attorney like me who handles these cases in the San Fernando Valley.

My law firm handles car accident cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at http://www.thepersonalinjury.com . Our office gives free consultations over the phone 24 hours a day at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

4. Andrew Daniel Myers

7

1

Answered . You have already received excellent advice from three very good California attorneys. One of the reasons they have each indicated that the best course for you is to retain an attorney is that early in any claim there is great potential to do damage to a case. Another reason is that the insurance industry's own statistics confirm that the value of any claim goes up once an attorney is retained.

5. Erin Moore Aaland

5

Answered . It is much too early to discuss settlement with the defense carrier.

If you and your co-worker were "on the clock" when accident happened, you may need to file a worker's comp claim. You may still have a separate claim against the other driver.

If you have medpay on your auto policy or health insurance to cover your medical bills, don't even talk to defense insurance carrier until you are done treating. If you don't have medpay or health insurance, or if you are still in treatment in 4 - 5 months, call a lawyer.

6. Hadi Edward Ramsey

3

Answered . $500.00 is an insult. Get an attorney before you ruin your case. Immediately!

Edward Ramsey, Esq.
    866-999-6640