Car accident?

Fox Lake, IL |

I wrote not to long ago about a car accident and dealing with medicare I do have a lawyer he did tell me he has seen it take a month even a couple of months we are now at 3 months having 4 kids to bring up and not a lot of disability money each month its just frustratating.

Therre is nothing more we can do here. You have a lawyer. Your lawyer has given you his professional opinion. No one here can force Medicare to act quicker.

As was said before, this will take time. Medicare is always slow. Be patient.

Stephen L. Hoffman
Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
Chicago, IL
773-944-9737
stephen@hofflawyer.com
www.hofflawyer.com

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

No one here will disagree that it is frustrating to deal with medicare when trying to resolve lien issues. Don't forget, your attorney doesn't get paid until you do, so to speak. There is no incentive for him/her to want to let things lay still if there is another alternative. Speak to your laywer to keep up to date.

but not being on medicare until 2 years after are they able to take my settlement money from me?

I have NEVER received a "Demand for Payment" letter in as little as 3 months. Give it another 60 days. All correspondence from CMS is to you. It is only cc'd to your attorney so you know exactly what is going on.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: CJCandiano@CandianoLaw.com http://www.CandianoLaw.com

Things take time, sit tight