Car accident.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Union, NJ

It was 8 car involved. black ice was a factor. but the one car was speeding that caused everything. she hot someone head one on the other lane while she was still out of control she hit another car and then she finally hit me she caused the pile up but who is at fault?

1. Matthew Louis Solomon

Pro

13

Answered . Contact a personal injury attorney in New Jersey to handle your claim.

2. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

13

Answered . These cases can be very difficult to unwind. Report to your insurance company immediately. If you have personal injuries you should consult with a NJ lawyer immediately.

3. Yolanda Navarrete

8

Answered . I can't tell you my opinion without seeing the police report and speaking with you about what happened. You should consult with an attorney as soon as possible. These consultations are free.

Pro

7

Answered . There is no way to determine fault from a two sentence Avvo posting. You would need to retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Randall Richard Sevenish

Pro

8

Answered . Get this reported to your auto insurance as well as hers. I would also contact a local personal injury attorney. Sounds like there may be several parties involved which can get very messy. It is best to have legal counsel to work this out for you. Good luck.

6. Keith Edward Trower

8

Answered . First, if you are injured , go seek medical care for your injuries. You will also need to report this accident to your insurance carrier. As for whether you have a persona injury claim, you should contact and meet with a local personal injury attorney for a free consult on your matter.

7. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

8

Answered . The facts will need to be sorted out through witness statements, driver's statements, the police report etc. Chances are the speeding person will be found primarily at fault.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  8. Jeffrey E Strauss

3

Answered . The question cannot be answered without reviewing the police report, sitting with you and asking questions and determining what the insurance is available. There are several possibilities.
    Consultations are free in these cases.

9. Howard Robert Roitman

2

Answered . Don't try to figure out who is at fualt. Get a lawyer let him try to get it sorted out.