Car accident - perjury

San Francisco, CA |

A relative was a driver in a car accident that hurt me. Other people were injured even more badly. The police report did not mention my injuries, but only theirs. I did go to a doctor with pain the next day, and have long standing issues since then, all documented.

The defendant is now denying any injuries were caused to me and is trying to get my case dismissed. I have emails from the defendant apologizing for the injury before the lawsuit was filed. Does this constitute perjury?

1. Hopefully, you are being represented by an attorney. If you are, direct these questions to them. If you aren't, you should retain an attorney to advocate on your behalf regarding your injuries and potential for recovering the cost of present and future medical expenses and pain and suffering related to the car accident.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

2. No.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

3. Are you being represented by an attorney in the lawsuit? The emails and perjury aren't really the issue, nor the fact that the police report doesn't mention your injuries - it happens all the time. It's best that you consult and retain a local personal injury attorney because the other driver's insurance company is probably providing him with one - meaning, you're fighting against a defense attorney who does this all the time.Your attorney is going to help you establish that your injuries were caused by the other driver from this accident based on your medical history and treatment.

(510) 343-6219. All responses are provided for informational purposes only. Readers should not act upon such material without consulting with an attorney. HEE J. KIM is only authorized to practice law in the State of California. Attorneys at MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM, LLP are only authorized to practice law in the States of California and New York, and South Africa. This information is only intended for the residents of the State of California. Nothing transmitted by HEE J. KIM or MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM, LLP, should be construed as legal advice or the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Contacting HEE J. KIM or MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM. LLP, either by email, telephone, facsimile, any form found on this site, or by any and all other means, does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any response by HEE J. KIM or MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM, LLP, or reliance thereon, does not form an attorney-client relationship. ONLY BY ENTERING INTO A WRITTEN ATTORNEY-CLIENT AGREEMENT, SIGNED BY THE ATTORNEY, IS SUCH A RELATIONSHIP FORMED.

4. No.

Don't play lawyer, retain one.

You can find a personal injury lawyer on Avvo.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. At fault drivers lie. Insurance companies prefer not paying out on claims. Such issues are handled every day by experienced personal injury attorneys. One proves what really happened in court by presenting facts through testimony of witnesses, documents, photographs, expert opinion, etc. Anyone with actual physical injury from a car accident where that person was not at fault should get medical attention first and legal representation second.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com
    "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206 Corona, CA 92879 (951)520-9684 www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." (Personal Injury and/or Medical Malpractice) ** This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

6. The fact of the matter is that you need to hire an attorney to represent you and advocate on your behalf, especially if you have medical bills. I have over 20 years experience representing clients across California in auto accident cases. I have fought to get my clients their compensation for their injuries. I hope that I can be of service in your case.

Scott J Corwin
    (310) 207-4030

7. It surely sounds like you have a strong case. You should consult with an attorney to determine the best path to attack these legal issues. Good luck!

8. Review the links.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.