Car accident - perjury

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

A relative was a driver in a car accident that hurt me. Other people were injured even more badly. The police report did not mention my injuries, but only theirs. I did go to a doctor with pain the next day, and have long standing issues since then, all documented.

The defendant is now denying any injuries were caused to me and is trying to get my case dismissed. I have emails from the defendant apologizing for the injury before the lawsuit was filed. Does this constitute perjury?

Pro

27

Answered . No.

Don't play lawyer, retain one.

You can find a personal injury lawyer on Avvo.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

23

Answered . No.

3. Steven Mark Sweat

22

Answered . Hopefully, you are being represented by an attorney. If you are, direct these questions to them. If you aren't, you should retain an attorney to advocate on your behalf regarding your injuries and potential for recovering the cost of present and future medical expenses and pain and suffering related to the car accident.

4. Hee Joong Kim

22

Answered . Are you being represented by an attorney in the lawsuit? The emails and perjury aren't really the issue, nor the fact that the police report doesn't mention your injuries - it happens all the time. It's best that you consult and retain a local personal injury attorney because the other driver's insurance company is probably providing him with one - meaning, you're fighting against a defense attorney who does this all the time.Your attorney is going to help you establish that your injuries were caused by the other driver from this accident based on your medical history and treatment.

5. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

17

Answered . At fault drivers lie. Insurance companies prefer not paying out on claims. Such issues are handled every day by experienced personal injury attorneys. One proves what really happened in court by presenting facts through testimony of witnesses, documents, photographs, expert opinion, etc. Anyone with actual physical injury from a car accident where that person was not at fault should get medical attention first and legal representation second.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com
    "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

6. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

15

Answered . The fact of the matter is that you need to hire an attorney to represent you and advocate on your behalf, especially if you have medical bills. I have over 20 years experience representing clients across California in auto accident cases. I have fought to get my clients their compensation for their injuries. I hope that I can be of service in your case.

Scott J Corwin
    (310) 207-4030

7. Loc Hoang Pham

13

Answered . It surely sounds like you have a strong case. You should consult with an attorney to determine the best path to attack these legal issues. Good luck!

8. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

7

Answered . Review the links.