Car Accid in outof state

Asked about 2 years ago - Minneapolis, MN

I have an accident in out of state where I am staying for more than 3 months without changing the vehicle registration and DL. Does my insurance policy cover the incident? I am having full coverage with high coverage limits. Only thing I did not change because I have to go back to my initial state in a month. Please advice me about my insurance coverage in this situation.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You would need to review your insurance policy and several other factors. If you have a residence in MN it would help

    Good luck.

    AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I... more
  2. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Check the terms of your policy.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  3. Answered . Although I agree with the other attorneys, I think it would be best to sit down with an experienced injury lawyer to determine what rights you have under your insurance policy. Minnesota is a state that requires No-Fault coverage (which would provide for wage loss and medical bills to be paid regardless of fault). You are also dealing with potential conflicting laws regarding state minimum insurance coverage (though you indicate that you have high coverage limits).

    In Minnesota, it is pretty standard for injury lawyers to provide free consultations. Call someone and set up an appointment!

  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you have not permanently moved, you should not have an issue with your insurance. Be sure to report the incident to your carrier and cooperate with their investigation. I suggest you not volunteer information, but truthfully answer any questions that are posed to you.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

    This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  5. Answered . The terms for notification contained in your policy will dictate.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,494 answers this week

3,624 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,494 answers this week

3,624 attorneys answering