Car Accid in outof state

Minneapolis, MN |

I have an accident in out of state where I am staying for more than 3 months without changing the vehicle registration and DL. Does my insurance policy cover the incident? I am having full coverage with high coverage limits. Only thing I did not change because I have to go back to my initial state in a month. Please advice me about my insurance coverage in this situation.

1. You would need to review your insurance policy and several other factors. If you have a residence in MN it would help

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

2. Check the terms of your policy.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. The terms for notification contained in your policy will dictate.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

4. If you have not permanently moved, you should not have an issue with your insurance. Be sure to report the incident to your carrier and cooperate with their investigation. I suggest you not volunteer information, but truthfully answer any questions that are posed to you.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

5. Although I agree with the other attorneys, I think it would be best to sit down with an experienced injury lawyer to determine what rights you have under your insurance policy. Minnesota is a state that requires No-Fault coverage (which would provide for wage loss and medical bills to be paid regardless of fault). You are also dealing with potential conflicting laws regarding state minimum insurance coverage (though you indicate that you have high coverage limits).

In Minnesota, it is pretty standard for injury lawyers to provide free consultations. Call someone and set up an appointment!